September 23, 2012

Change is Good

I got special changed AGAIN! And, like with all other previous examples, I actually didn't change areas. It was just my companion who got moved. Elder Piña is off to Donaji as the senior companion while I wait here for the arrival of Elder Tzub, the former companion of one of my favorite ex companions, Elder Luna. The only things I know about Elder Tzub are that he is from Guatemala, he is pretty chillaxed, and he looks like a brown Tom Cruise. Other than that, it's a complete unknown for me. Still, I'm excited for the change. Elder Piña and I weren't the most dynamic of duos. He got pretty critical of me, and I got pretty sick of him, so we definitely weren't working with Maximum Power, like Sunny Joe Jim used to say in dad's favorite wave race videogame. I'm excited to just be able to throw myself into the work again and rely on some faith without worrying about whether or not my companion is going to throw a hissy fit. It'll be fun again.

We did have some encouraging things going on in the area, though. Two of our investigators, Flor and Sharbel, are super ready for baptism. They just have to go to Church the required number of times, really. They have testimonies, they go to all activities and invite their friends, they read the Book of Mormon, and they pray. They even only accept jobs that give them Sundays off. We've hardly had to do any work with them. Really, they've been one of God's miracles for me, just a perfect example of how God prepares people. 

Also, Lucio, Zuri's brother, is progressing really well as well. We already have his approval and his mom's approval of a baptism scheduled for this Saturday. Just got to review everything with him and see if his dad gives the OK. And now, I have a new companion who is totally willing to do the work to try to get 10 new investigators. I'm super excited for this week, if you can't tell. Sometimes a change of pace is all you need to get excited again. I love being a missionary. 
A lot of funny things happened in the recent weeks but I can't seem to recall them. If I ever do, I'll give you a shout out. Other than that, I'm through talking about this last week. I'm ready to shelve it and get on to the new week. I love you all and I'll see you in a year!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment