May 20, 2012

I just talked to you

So, i just talked to you the other day. I don't really know what to say because not much has happened except a little more rain (that we worked through), me getting my packages and eating A LOT of candy, and Church, where we suddenly realized that we have a lot of work to do before the activity this  coming Saturday. I have to decorate a freaking Event salon in orderly to properly teach about the afterlife. Man, I wish the obra misional wouldn't depend so much on my creativity. That's always a bad thing. 


Anyways, so this week is about doing your best. In Puerto, I never really felt that good enough. It didn't matter if I was teaching 22 lessons a week or struggling to find a single new investigator, I never felt content with the day's work. Now I do. I recognize I have improvement to do, and I make plans to go and do it, but it doesn't shake the good feeling that I have. That's because these days I am doing my best in everything I do, not just in some aspects. If we strive in everything, whether it is planning, organizing, being enthusiastic, or following the rules, we will feel better, no matter the results. I like being happy as I fall exhausted into bed. So i'm gonna try to keep it up this week. I'm gonna keep going. It's a nice way to live. Exhausted, yet satisfied. I think that's one of the things that the mission has taught me. Being tired isn't so bad. Yeah, you can't keep your thoughts straight, but you feel good. And that's the far more important thing.

Okay, quick favor: I'd like kumi Greenhalgh's email address. She has sent me to packages now, and I think I owe her some sort of thank you. She is definitely one of the coolest people on the planet. Fer sure. Yup.

PUes, I love you all and I'll write next week, with a whole week's worth of fun activities to share with you all. Look forward to it. Please. Bye.
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment