April 3, 2013

Perfectly Timed Conference

Let me tell you, sometimes, they just perfectly plan some things in the mission. I was falling into habits and routines again (not bad ones, but habits and routines nonetheless). Habits are kind of bad here. If you aren't trying constantly to improve, than you are not being the missionary you should be. Right as that starting happening to me, they went and did a special multi-zone conference with a seventy. Now I'm a happy, healthy, oriented, missionary full of good goals. I love the mission. It keeps me moving. And it makes me a little scared to go home when I won't have so many people trying to make me better. I'm going to be in charge of me in a few short (years) and I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet. I've got to make good use of these last couple of (years). 

So we got to listen to Sister and Elder Martinez. They both gave really good talks about having a good attitude and about asking for references. Essentially, as a mission, we seem to have accepted the lie that if we couldn't knock doors, we can't find new investigators. WE need to do better than that and start to ask for more references, but with the right attitude too. We have to remind people of the  joy of the gospel and the power of the Spirit in conversion. It's a good message and I look forward to putting it in practice every day this week in every lesson. That's the goal, at least.

We also got a little advanced news on the changes that we will have next week. President announced in the conference that we will be opening all the areas that he has closed recently, including Huajuapan 2. That means that Elder Babb and I will probably stay here one more change, but not as companions and that they'll send us two new missionaries. It should be fun. I'm excited for it.

I'm very solid on my August 7th return date. Count on it. What I don't know is what time I will be home on the seventh. I could get home in the afternoon. I could get home at like 11:30 at night on the seventh. Who knows. I don't really want to know anyways. I'm glad you are feeling better though Mom. And I knew you weren't trunky for me since the moment I heard about a wedding. It's kind of a big deal. We haven't had a wedding in the immediate family ever. We have had a return missionary. 2+2=4 mom :)

The transition for Tyrel is scaring me mom. I don't know how this is going to go. I just imagine him doing something super boring like building pickle boxes and that idea doesn't please me. I want to know what happens to him, but I only want to know the good things. 

========== did NOT get baptized because she had finals in Tehuacan until today. WE should be baptizing her on like thursday or friday this week. Finally. she might even get baptized on the same day that Alex gets baptized.
Well, I've got to go. I'll tell you how my classes go next week. And changes. Love you!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment