April 7, 2013

The Little Mermaid

Dear Mother,

I just realized this week that our house doesn't have any fans. It sucks. Straight up. It's stopping me from sleeping at night it's so hot. And no previous missionaries have bothered to tell the secretaries that we don't have fans. I hope to get this problem fixed as soon as possible. In other news, we had changes yesterday. NOt that you'd notice, here in Huajuapan. I am still with Elder Babb (It's a good thing I love this kid - before this I didn't even know it was possible to be with the same companion for more that two transfers) and I am still in Huajuapan. Elder Teig still has to report to me. The only "changes" I have are that I will now report to an Elder Humphries instead of Elder Rivas and that Elder Teig's companion is now Elder Sanchez instead of Elder Romero. While I love my area and my comp, I'm a little worried. I have a tendency to get bored of routines and I have a tendency to fall into routines. This is not a good combination, especially since this is the first time since the beginning of my mission that I've had to stay in the same area for three transfers and the first time ever that I've been with the same companion for three transfers. I'm going to need a lot of help staying focused and motivated.

Anyways, ================== has not gotten baptized, but that should happen today or tomorrow. I'm not that worried about her. SHe's cool and excited about it. SHe'll get baptized, it just might take a little longer than we wanted. But that's what patience is for! :) We tried to do an activity on Saturday. It went......okay. The good part was that ALL of our youth showed up, including an investigator. The bad part was that our teacher who had volunteered to teach us capoeira (brasilian dance/matial art mix) didn't show up. OOps. So we played charades instead. Of course, the super strict bishops wife showed up to teach seminary right as I was trying to convince everyday to guess "The Little Mermaid" without words. I will let your imaginations do the work.

I am very much looking forward to general conference on Saturday. It will be a great way for me to start the change right. It will allow me to set goals and to teach investigators. It will be, as it always is, a spiritual feast. I can't believe I used to sleep through it. I love General conference with all my heart might mind and strength. I especially look forward to reinforcing my testimony of the Prophet. Honestly, every time we listen to President Monson talk, we should get on our knees afterwords and ask God if he really is the prophet. I promise it will be a good boost to your testimony. WE all need to be reminded every once and a while.

Well, I signed up for classes on Friday. I'll send you my schedule in a later email. Essentially, I took dad's advice and will not study all of my remaining required generals in this semester. I took Aubrey's advice and took a reading series class which is just go and listen to famous authors read their works every Friday for an hour. It's a one credit class. I took Taggart's advice and took Spanish 321. All in all, it seems like a pretty good schedule to me: not to hard to start off with, but filled with chances to progress. I should also have time to find a job. I just hope I can find a job that I like.
Well, I've got to go. I love you all and I look forward to seeing you sometime in the distant future. See you in 2!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment